pixel
 width=
l

Menu
» Information
» About us
» Projects
» Funds
» Collections
» Museum expositions
» Kyustendil and Kyustendil region
» Contacts
» FAQ




Recallproject
.



"F-M.U.S.EU.M"
.



:: holyplaces-kn ::
.



1900 YEARS PAUTALIA VELBUZHD KYUSTENDIL
Send this story to a friend |  Printable Version
.
News1900 YEARS PAUTALIA VELBUZHD KYUSTENDIL

In 106 in the center of the Thracian settlement Denteletika the Roman emperor Traian (98-117) established the bases of the present town of Kyustendil, the old Thracian -Roman town of Pautalia, which means spring town.


For the first time the name Pautalia is mentioned in an inscription of the built in 135 in honor of Emperor Adrian basilica. Till 270 Pautalia was a part of the territory of the Roman Province Thracia, after that it became a part of the newly established Roman Province Dacia Interior. During the Roman Epoch the town grew as an important administrative, economic, cultural and later church center and turned into the third most significant town on the territory of the Balkan Peninsula. During the Middle Ages and the Ottoman domination (14th 19th century) the town kept its important role.



spacer
pixel

Regional Historical Museum Academician Yordan Ivanov, Kyustendil - 2004-2006