pixel
 width=
l

Menu
» Information
» About us
» Projects
» Funds
» Collections
» Museum expositions
  » RIM Kyustendil
  » Kyustendil region
  » Blagoevgrad region
  » Pernik region
  » Running exhibitions
  » Cultural-tourist route
  » Events
» Kyustendil and Kyustendil region
» Useful Links
» Contacts
» Calendar
» FAQ
» Forum




Recallproject
.



"F-M.U.S.EU.M"
.



:: holyplaces-kn ::
.



Museum and museum expositions in Blagoevgrad region
.

Municipal museum of history Goce Delchev Goce Delchev 2900, 26 Hristo Botev str.
0751/60287
0751/60066 Fax
e-mail: museum@goce.net
0751/24611, GSM 0887/395965 weekends
Curator/Contact person: Spaska Paskova

Goce Delchev museum historical review
The municipal historical museum was opened for visitors in 1979. The museum is the only center in town for research, preserve and socialization of unique cultural historical and architectural heritage of the district. It was constituted with support of generous people.
The presented exhibitions show authentic material evidence of human presence and activity, which are of great scientific and cultural value, with public significance and in relation with mythic and romantic Goce Delchev district.
The house in which exhibition is situated was built in 1877 by Bulgarian workers. It was made in barock style. Wood-carvings of ceiling and doors on 1st floor in official four rooms are done by local craftsmen, who represented Debur wood-carving school. The house was a property of rich tobacco merchant from Nevrokop (ancient name of Goce Delchev). In the museum every year are presented archaeological exhibitions, related to nations of Thracemen, the Slavs and Bulgarians, found in the valley of River Mesta.
In the section Archaeology 1500 museum units are kept.
In the museum exhibits and educational programs are arranged both for young and elderly people especially anniversaries and jubilees of historical persons and events in national history.
In Renaissance period town of Nevrokop developed as prominent center of craft produce and commerce. At this time a well-known fair is held in town and over 500 craft workshops existed.
Having natural beauty of four mountains South Pirin, Slavyanka, Sturgach and West Rhodopi, as well as identity of Bulgarian material and spiritual culture, Goce Delchev district is one of original etnographic and folklore districts in Bulgaria, with its local specification.
Art materials, costumes from 9 folklore areas, produces of craftsmen bell-ring producers, pottery makers, goldsmiths, wool producers are collected and presented in Etnography section and number 2500 units. In the museum every year are presented etnological exhibitions and are showed specific customs, kept from local inhabitants since the past. For guests from everywhere reviews of traditional costumes are presented.
In Renaissance period town of Nevrokop remained the main and only educational center for Bulgarians in Eastern Macedonia. Development of educational, clerical and liberating struggles are presented in exhibition with photos and evidence materials. Their number is over 1000.
Suggested tourist routes visit historical monuments like Nikopolis ad Nestum (the village of Gurmen), ancient settlement of Koprivlen as well as many ancient churches and monasteries and suppose magnificent entertainment. The recall of visited places will return the visitors to museum and architectural parks like Kovachevitca, Leshten, Dolen, Delchevo.
Welcome!

  1. The exhibit is divided in following section:
    • Archaeology
    • Etnography
    •  History of Bulgarian lands 15th-20th century.
  2. Working time: 8.30 12.00 14.00 18.00 (in the summer)
    9.00 12.00 14.00 17.00 (in the winter)
    Non-working days: Saturday and Sunday (Saturday visit only with appointment)
  3. 3. Entrance fee:
    students 0.50 lv.
    adults - 1.00 lv.
    lecture 5.00 lv.
    Advertising materials and souvenirs are sold. By tourist wish a traditional dinner table is arranged, folklore events are held, photographs in folk costumes, etc.
  4. Address and transport> From Blagoevgrad Bus Station 7.30, 10.30, 13.00, 16.35, 16.50






Back Up

 



Historical museum - Petrich
Address:
Petrich 2850
9 Alexander Stamboliysky str
Tel.: 0745/ 2-30-90


The lands, part of Petrich municipality nowadays, bear a thousand years history. Geographical position, various scenery, good climate in these lands attracted people to settle there since early times. For more objective and attractive review of local cultural historical heritage, the Museum of History in Petrich was founded on 08.09 1966. Permanent exhibition contains units from pre-historical settlement in place Kremenitca, near the village of Topolnitca (6th mil. B.C V c. A.D), ancient town with necropolis in the place Kozhuh, near the village of Rupite (V c B.C - V c A.D), medieval settlement near Petrich (12th 14th c) and place Liashnitca (12th 14th c), also documents and materials, evidence of liberating struggles in the region, men and women folk costumes, other lifestyle things.
Museum has four sections Archaeology, Etnography, Bulgarian lands (15th 19th), Modern history. Non-movable monuments of culture in Petrich Municipality are 228, of them 128 archaeological monuments, and 100 buildings. Movable monuments of culture, collected in museum fund, are over 11 000 units.

Working time: 9.00 12.00, 14.00 18.00
Non-working days: Saturday and Sunday
Entrance fee: 0.50 lv, Lecture 4.00 lv
Transport links


Back Up

 



Archaeological Museum - Sandanski
Address:
2800 Sandanski
12 Georgi Dimitrov Str.
Bulgaria
Tel.: 00359 746 32380
e-mail: museum_sandanski@mail.bg
Director: Vladimir Petkov


Archeological museum - Sandanski - Historical review: The museum in Sandanski was founded in 1936 as an archaeological association aiming at researching and collecting the finds discovered in the region. The museum collection was initially treasured up in the present First Primary School in Sandanski. The present museum building, officially opened in 1970 during the IV Archaeological Conference in Blagoevgrad, is located in situ upon the remains of the Early Christian Basilica of Joan, being one of the unique in Bulgaria in this regard.
For twenty years, from 1960 to 1980, several buildings completing the urban structure of the ancient town were excavated - the Basilica of Joan, Early Christian Complex, Gymnasium, baths and civil buildings. One of the most intriguing archaeological sites found lately is the Bishops Complex, richly decorated with mosaics, paintings and marble relieves. It includes an Early Christian Bishops Basilica, Baptistery, Atrium with columns, premises and buildings still being excavated by the archaeologists of the museum.
The museum has an archive and depot where the finds, documentation and photographs are kept. The museum collection consists of burial marble plates, coins from different historical periods, inscriptions, jewelry, pottery and other artifacts.

Opening hours: 09h-12h, 13h-17h
admissions: no admissions



Back Up

 



spacer
pixel

Regional Historical Museum Academician Yordan Ivanov, Kyustendil - 2004-2006